By visiting our website you are explicitly accepting and consenting to the collection and use of your personal data and to the practices described in this policy. You may also see our Terms of Website Use which tells you how you may make use of our sites.
This Data Protection Policy was last updated on 25th August 2014.
For the purpose of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 or 2012) ("the Act"), the individual responsible for ensuring that we comply with the Act is the Data Protection Officer. The contact information for our Data Protection Officer is listed below.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information you voluntarily chose to provide to us, which may include personal data:
- Information you give us. You may give us personal data when filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for our products, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph. If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (E.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with this Personal Data for the respective purposes.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you, via that website, when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. Additionally, we may receive information about you from third parties (including, but not limited to business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of the applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above, to the following entities or parties:
- Any member of our group, which means any of our subsidiaries, related corporations and affiliates and with our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose personal data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score or providing finance to you where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Our professional advisers such as consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- Companies providing insurance and warranty services for our automotive customers; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
OVERSEAS TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL DATA
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information, which does not identify you personally:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We do not link IP addresses to your personal data.
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner, and to make our website more responsive to the needs and preferences of our users.
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising to our customers;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to the users of our website about goods or services that may interest them.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you use our products or services and it is required or relevant for business or legal purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you do not want your information to be processed for marketing purposes, you may inform us at the time you provide the information by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (if available), or by informing us at any time using the telephone number, email address or postal address listed below.
Note: Users who no longer wish to receive promotional newsletters or promotional emails can unsubscribe by clicking on the hyperlink named "Unsubscribe" which will be embedded in every promotional email sent out.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you are registered under the Do Not Call Registry, then we will not contact your telephone or facsimile number for marketing purposes or "specified message" as defined under the Act, unless you have given us clear consent to do so.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of [S$10] to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If there is an error or omission in the information we hold about you, you may notify us. We will correct the information unless we have reasonable grounds to believe that the correction should not be made.
If we have provided information that needs to be corrected about you to a third party within a year prior to when the correction was made, then we will provide the third party of the corrected information with your consent.
Data Protection Officer
Tel: +65 6466 7711
Write to our Data Protection Officer at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer (Level 5)
25 Leng Kee Road Singapore 159097